The Collegiate League of the Palm Beaches will be playing their 6th season in the summer of 2022. The league’s games will be played primarily at Gardens Park in Palm Beach Gardens, FL; as well as the beautiful Ballpark of The Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach, Florida) and Roger Dean Stadium (Jupiter, FL). Collegiate leagues are located all across the country and provide opportunities for college baseball players to continue their seasons and build upon their skills throughout the summer.
Unfortunately, as the popularity of summer leagues have grown, the opportunities for development and access to resources have dwindled. We have created the CLPB to provide participants with a player-focused experience, which includes experienced coaching, elite competition, and an opportunity to workout at a highly respected training facility (Cressey Sports Performance). Please check our website for any further information- http://www.clpalmbeaches.com/
A knowledgeable and ambitious intern group will be a huge factor in the success of our 2022 season. We will be seeking the strongest undergraduate candidates with preferences in Sports Management, Communication, Marketing, and Journalism. A love for the game of baseball as well as the desire to one day work with a sports team is a bonus. The dates of our internship will run from May 30th – August 5th, and during that time interns will work an estimated 30-40 hours per week. Interns are expected to provide their own housing.
Intern Duty and Responsibilities:
Announcer / Journalism – 3-4 Positions
Interns will be asked to:
– Announce league games live on site
– Create & post written content for league website & social media
– Create & post interviews with players/coaches/staff for website & social media
– Creative role in social media
What Are the Next Steps For Potential Intern Candidates?
- Please contact us at your earliest convenience at Clpalmbeaches@gmail.com if you have interest. We plan on having all interns in place by March 6, 2022. We expect these spots to fill up quickly.
- Please submit resume & cover letter
- Max Dakin (CLPB Head of Interns) will follow up with phone interview
- All interns are expected to provide their own housing
- All participating interns will be compensated with a $300 a month stipend to help cover cost of travel and expenses
- Interns will go through a training process in the weeks leading up to the 2022 Summer Season, these will be administered over the phone & via Google Meet
- Interns are expected to be in the West Palm Beach / Jupiter area from May 30th – August 5th